Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

Media Manager Problem

[ Edited ]

Here is my problem, I have installed BlackBerry Desktop Manager version 4.2, 4.3, and 4.5, (not at the same time, of course) and have been attempting to open up Media Manager on each version. On every single version it has given me the same exact error. When I click on the Media Manager icon in the Desktop Manager, a window pops up entitled "Format Loader: LoadImage" with the message

"Image file "file::C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\Common Resources\Shared\Generic\Images\About_RIM_Background.png" cannot be loaded".

After I click OK on that, another very similar window pops up saying

"Image file "file::C:\Program Files\Roxio\Media Manager 9\Resources\Default\Generic\Images\AboutMM.png" cannot be loaded".

After clicking OK there, the "MediaManager9 Module has encountered a problem and needs to close." window pops up, asking me to send the error report. I'm running Windows XP Pro with SP 3 if I remember correctly. My phone is the Blackberry Curve 8310 with AT&T

Things I have already done

-Reinstalled

-Repaired Installation

-Redownloaded

-Downloaded different version

-Tore my hair out

Anyway, please help. Thanks, much appreciated.

Message Edited by Moskvich on 08-01-2008 07:21 AM
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Media Manager Problem

What operation system are you using on the PC?

I take it the backup and Sync programs on the Desktop Manager work?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810 - AT&T

I have the same problem. The fault ,dear Moskvich, is not in our Blackberry, it is in our Roxios!

Whether it be with 4.2,4.3,or4.5 OS, the Roxio "9 module" is corrupt.

I use the USB connected to my Desktop and BB, and go to  My Computer , look down where all the drives are, and you will see the Drive that says, "Blackberry."  Open your Mediafiles "Photos, Music etc, and drag and dropdesired photos  into the Blackberry Drive.  This will transfer to the Blackberry.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

And yes, it is frustrating!

Good Luck

Thanks,

Writer~
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Moskvich!

Just to let you know first of all there is a know issue with XP and Roxio working together, as per the Tech

that I just talked to last night.

First of all, when you install, uninstall, install, uninstall, etc.... any program, you can run into a problem.

I would not try this at home unless you are really familiar with this step, because it WILL mess up your computer

if you do it wrong.  Unless you know someone who has knowledge on it.  Good Knowledge!!

:  Because the program was installed several times you should, or have someone else, go into the registry and delete

all the files, AND O N LY the files that are associated with the Media Manager.  Again, if you delete the wrong files it will 

prevent that program from functioning properly.

Then restart the computer and reinstall one, and only one program.

Just an FYI:  I also am having some problem with it freezing up and getting errors.  But what I have found out is that

it works better if I shut down the Media manager first before I unhook the phone from the computer, or shut down the

Desktop Manager.

Also, be careful on what you are doing and not trying to do different things while using the M. Manger.  It seems to 

be very sensitive with other programs running.

Remember, this is not a fix.  But may help.  Every computer is different.  There might just be a compatibility issue

with what you are running on your computer.

Hope it helps.

By the way, don't pull your hair out, you'll need it at a later date!!!!!!!! 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Did you try and look in that folder with the Windows explorer ? Did you try to find the files ? They may be in abother folder, Do you have the access right on the C:\Program Files\ folder ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: