Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

inknpaper
My Device: Not Specified

Media Manager doesn't show files

I've had my Blackberry Curve for about a week and for the most part I enjoy it.

I have a 2GB mini SD card installed and working properly. The Desktop Media Manager software by Roxio seems to work fine.  I copied about 10 CDs or so onto my Blackberry using the Roxio software.  They will not show up in Media Manager on my device but if I explore the SD card, they are there and they will play but only one song at a time unless I use the button to the left of the trackball and select "Play subfolder" (which appears on the menu after I navigate to the name of the album using Explore.

ALL of the songs are either WMA or MP3.

Three albums show up in my list, 2 are WMA and one is MP3.

I had 6 albums showing up in the list until I copied over 4 more albums, now only 3 show.

ALL of the songs/albums are in the music directory, not the pictures or videos.

Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do to fix it?

Thank you for any advice you may have!

Teresa

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FranciscoIV
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: Media Manager doesn't show files

I am having a similar problem. 8330 Curve through Verizon. 8Gb microSD. Originally transferred about 3Gb of music using Roxio Media Manager just fine. Today transferred another 2.4 Gb. I can see them in the Media Manager from the desktop, but not on the device through the music player. Device software V4.3.0.127

Any suggestions? Is it the device version not able to recognize over 4Gb?

FranciscoIV
Blog-A-Rama
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FranciscoIV

OK so no solution. I installed Flipside and it DOES recogonize ALL the music on the media card. Guess I'll be paying the $19.95...
FranciscoIV
Blog-A-Rama
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mcavendi
My Device: Not Specified

I have the same problem, after completing the synch with the desktop manager, and turn off the mass storage support under the media cards options.  I will then perform a hard reset pulling the battery for 30 seconds.  When it reboots everything is there.  I use a 4GB SHDC card by SanDisk.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FranciscoIV

Thank you mcavendi! That worked! (Though I DID pay for Flipside and actually like it better than the native app)
FranciscoIV
Blog-A-Rama
Please use plain text.