Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
AnneSu
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520

Media card is detected and then not detected

Hi... The media card 8 gig was already read by my Blackberry curve 8520. For maybe a couple of days after I got it. Then the phone wouldn't read.. said media card is not inserted... and I didn't even touch it when it said next that it WAS inserted. ANd I could access all my music and pictures again. Then it said again not inserted... and until now it is not reading... hehe what can I do? 

I tried restarting it already, and taking out and placing the sd card back... thank you...

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Media card is detected and then not detected

Hello AnneSu

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

First refer to this KB , you may format your Media card then try it on your device :

• KB10527 : Media card cannot be read.Verify that the memory card is formatted

Try it and see if it helps.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
AnneSu

hi prince2012 

Thanks for the prompt response... though when the card is not detected there is really no Format anywhere hehe..

But it's okay now, what I did was delete a certain app that I had tried to download from blackberry world that day... then the phone restarted and the sd card was once again detected.

:smileyhappy: so I am assuming it was the fault of the application.. still, thanks again :smileyhappy:

Elite II
prince2012

AnneSu wrote:

hi prince2012 

though when the card is not detected there is really no Format anywhere hehe..

Hi AnneSu

When unable to format a media card from within our device you can format it via PC :smileywink:

But I am glad that you are able to fix the issue by yourself , And that is Great :smileyhappy:

Cheers !

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
AnneSu

I don't know anymore about the applications. After a while it did not detect media card again... now showing "Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error" everytime I restart the BB... Is it something to do with this? I deleted every app I uploaded already.. :/ 

Elite II
prince2012

Hello AnneSu

If you already removed all application still recieving the error then first do a Backup of your device using Desktop Software  How To Backup Your BlackBerry

Once you have your Backup Done perform a OS Reload , to rule out any software issue , for help refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Please try it and let us know .