Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

Media card with Error

Greetings!

My once beloved pet knocked my BB off the edge of the sofa the other night - onto hardwood floor.  The back and battery were both released from their nestings.   I put it back together and when it came back on line, it gave an error message "there is a media card installed with errors.  Use diagnostic on computer to repair"    Sure enough, every single image, music file and movie that I had uploaded to it were gone. 

I am not sure how I would fix this - I am wondering if anyone has hurt their BB like this and if there is a way to retrieve the files.  Its strange, but during a software upgrade that T-Mobile did over the phone a few weeks ago, they had me do a backup.  The unfortunate thing is that it doesn' t have a backup for the media card.  So basically I backed up information I could re-retrieve and didn't save the really priceless stuff - such as my sweet granddaughter singing "you are my sunshine" to me.  Smiley Sad

If you can help, I am most grateful. 

Thank you.

Regards,

Kate

Highlighted
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Media card with Error

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

No guarantees, but here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB14745 "Memory card contains error, please use disk checking utility on computer" appears on the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone

Hopefully it contains something useful!

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code