Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Bryan22
My Device: BlackBerry 9320 Curve
Accepted Solution

Media cards always gets corrupted after formatting it with my Blackberry!

Everytime I insert a new memory into my BlackBerry it says that the card is not formatted yet. I format the media card and a message pops up that the media card inserted contains errors.

I've tried everything to fix my problem. Check for and repaired errors on the media card with my PC. Also on my BlackBerry. Format the media cards on my PC and Blackberry. The message keeps popping up. I've tried 5 brand new SanDisk cards.

I suspect my BlackBerry is corrupting the media/memory. If so, what can I do to fix it?!!!

BlackBerry Details: 7.1 Bundle 1319 (v7.1.0.398, Platform 9.49.0.31)
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Media cards always gets corrupted after formatting it with my Blackberry!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From what you describe, I deduce the same root problem...however, I also deduce that the problem is hardware (e.g., the physical card read/write hardware on the device) rather than software/OS. Hence, it requires hardware evaluation and repair, which of course can't be done at an internet distance. I recommend you find a local (to you) shop with a qualified BB hardware technician and have them give you a proper evaluation and estimate.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code