Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Media file storage in phone memory

I am baffled. Assumed that the smartphone memory (I have a a BB 8310) would store media files eg tunes, or at least a few of them, however whenever I try and drag a file from  the media manager to the device memory I find that a msg pops up saying that there is not enough disk space. I have only just purchased the item, so I cannot see how that could be possible. Is this a fault on my phone or can they only be stored in a media card (which I haven't got yet)? Can someone help me with this, sorry I am not a complete technophobe, it's just that NOWHERE in any of the guidance I have accessed does it say ANYTHING CLEAR about this.  
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Media file storage in phone memory

If you are going to be transferring media files to the device it is recommended that you purchase a microSD memory card for media storage. I believe there is a file limit size of 2.86MB when transferring media files to the device's main memory. Also, when you start storing media files in the device's main memory it eats away at the memory, which can cause problems like call logs and messages be removed to conserve space.
New Contributor

Thanks for that, I'll get a memory card.
New Contributor

I want to download large files from the internet. How do "point" the download directly to the media card instead of the device memory?