Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Perez21
My Device: Curve 9350
My Carrier: Cricket

Media player error!

Media player stops after 3-5 songs, after so the tones such as ringers and alerts won't work. I reboot my phone 3 times a day to get around this but if i dont reboot I can't answer calls because I can't hear the other person and they can't hear me. Also when this is goin on they are not able to leave me a voicemail as they say "this person can't recieve messages at this time" they quote my voicemail. Please would really appreciate a fix.

I have tried different and no SD card at all and this still occurs.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Media player error!

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I think your running in to periods of low memory that are severely degrading your device.

Read the link below and see if you can see improvement. Make a point of checking the File free numbers when the device freezes or starts sluggish. Click on the options icon> select device>the click on device and status.

I didn't quote it but I'd say one of the biggest performance issues the users face are due to leaving applications running rather than properly closing them.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB14320 How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone

What is considered low flash memory?
The BlackBerry smartphone's Java® operating system has a complex and dynamic way of determining exactly how much available flash memory it should have before starting the Low Memory Manager application. To determine if it has low flash memory, the BlackBerry smartphone takes into account a number of factors, such as the BlackBerry smartphone hardware model, the operating system version, the number of installed applications, the frequency at which BlackBerry smartphone user data is added and removed, and so on. Generally speaking, the more the BlackBerry smartphone is used, the more memory the operating system sets aside for normal, efficient operation.

Note: When the BlackBerry smartphone has determined that is has low flash memory, it automatically starts the Low Memory Manager application, which reclaims memory.

The File Free field shows 0 - When the File Free field shows 0, it most likely means that the BlackBerry smartphone is full of data. The BlackBerry smartphone determines that it has low flash memory and performs more extensive garbage collections in order to make room for any new data. However, even when the BlackBerry smartphone is full of data, it is designed to operate properly. The Low Memory Manager application starts recovering flash memory when data is added that requires additional flash memory.

For more information on Low Memory Manager, please see KB02843

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Perez21

Doesn't answer my problem. More tips: I have took it to cricket and the only thing they did was wipe it clean and 30min later the same issue came back. No apps were installed, all I did was add a 8GB sd card, so next tried the 16gb, then a 2gb and eventually no SD at all. so thats the issue, whether apps are present or not. I believe its a defected model but cricket can think what they want. Im a computer tech so I would assume to have a close idea.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

All I can suggest is making sure you have the correct settings for your media player.

I strongly suggest you go back to using the media card I would format and test the media card using the Blackberry device, I also suggest Running the Device Self Test.
Post back and let us know what media types and if you have your device encrypted.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB16037 Using the Self Test application on the BlackBerry smartphone

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Perez21

Thank you for your time, How do I get to the self test application? I appreciate it, just I'm new to the Blackberry OS. I do love it just not the issue, I was hoping for a patch or some sort of update.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Perez21

Also the media player is the stock that comes in the OS of the blackberry. I have removed all the WMA files, cause the device don't support those. I only have this problem when playing music so it aint much of a problem but just something I thought I would bring to your attention. I have my MP3 Player if I really needed to hear music. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

This the link from the first post.

KB16037 Using the Self Test application on the BlackBerry smartphone

Just click it and go!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Please use plain text.