08-07-2008 12:39 PM
In the 8300, many were only capable of using a 1 or 2 MB SD card. The 8310 - 8330 support 4 MB. It should be visible on the device as soon as you insert and power on and go Media or some other application where the SD card can be utilized. To view on a PC you must enable Mass Storage Support.
1. Go to the Options icon (cresent wrench) and press the trackball
2. Scroll to Media Card and press the trackball
3. Scroll to Mass Storage Mode Support, press the trackball, scroll to Yes and press the trackball
4. Press the Escape key, scroll to Save and press the trackball
5. Press the Escape key to return to desktop
Now you will be able to plug the USB cord into the BB and it will display on a PC/Laptop.
Hope this helps.
08-07-2008 04:56 PM
09-22-2008 02:26 PM
hi,guys i have tried to go to the options and all i get is a small red lock and the word off and nothing can change it. 2, the cards is formated so the problem has to be some were else.
any way if you did not no this because i only found out this today with the new firmware the 8300 can handle up to 4gb media cards
09-22-2008 02:56 PM
The red lock indicates an IT policy on your device.
If you need anymore assistance or information, lease let us know! If your question has been answered, please resolve the post.Use the options over the green kudos’ star.
Put the checkmark in the post that answered your questions, Thanks