Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Memory cards in Curves

I had originally used an sd micro 2 GB card and tried to upgrade to an 8 GB card, but when I formatted it, it only showed an available 3.6 GB. Are their any available upgrades to make my phone support 8 GB?
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Memory cards in Curves

The device's OS version depends on how much capacity will be available. You can check that by going to Options | About (will be listed as v4.x.x.xxx). Check the following KB article for the supported SD card sizes: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05461
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.

Thank you. This informations was quite helpful.
New Contributor

Agree - this information was very helpful.  But as a follow up question:  If you want to use a larger memory card than what your device software version can accomodate, can you upgrade to a newer version of the device software?  If so, how?  Or is the software version specific to the model of device?  I have an new 8300 with version 4.2.2 but would like to use at least an 8GB memory card.  Thanks!
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Jsudds,

Who is your carrier?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

My carrier is Cincinnati Bell.  I've been searching the forums and I think I found the answer -- looks like I need to contact the carrier to see if an upgrade is possible.  Thanks!

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

There you go ! :smileyhappy:
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter