Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
skiiermike
My Device: Curve 9350
My Carrier: Bell

Memory issue with 9350

Good day everyone,

I have a new 9350 with a 16 Gig sd card in the phone. I am getting application errors indicating that my device is low on memory and I should allow applications to use my sd card.

I cant seem to get the phone to allow it. I have formatted the card and it is recognized in the device itself.

The most common error for me is in Evernote. It will not sync because there isn't enough free space. It tells me to allow the sd card but it wont show up in the options.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Memory issue with 9350

Application memory and SD card memory are two very different things. You cannot use the SD card for application memory. If that is full you will need to clean it out before going any further.

The SD card is for storing media, documents, and any other basic files. Applications will not run from the card. Some may store some data on the SD card but the application must run from the device application memory.

How much free Application Memory is showing on the device?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.