Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Message light reverts back to GREEN before checking messages!

Hi-

I've asked T-Mobile this question and they are clueless.  If I get messages to my BB while I'm asleep at night, the message light reverts back to green...it does not stay red until I have retrieved the messages from the phone.  I thought the idea of having it change colors was so one could visually look at the phone and know if they have a message or not.  As it is now, I have to actually check the phone physically, to see whether or not I have any messages because the light eventually reverts back to green.  I'm not sure how long it takes for this to happen as I'm asleep but I would venture to say maybe a few hours at the most before it changes back to green (I have my network light on always as I like the flashing green).

Any suggestions or is the phone suppose to operate like this?  If so, it kinda defeats the purpose of having a message light.

Thanks.

Contributor

Re: Message light reverts back to GREEN before checking messages!

BTW the above post is in reference to my BB Curve 8320 (forgot to mention model number).
Regular Contributor
My Device: 8310

[ Edited ]
I have had four different models and they have all done this, I don't believe it is something we can change. Or atleast I haven't found it yet.
Message Edited by tschweitzer on 07-25-2008 10:14 AM
Contributor

A simple software update would correct the light issue, so that it works the way it should.  I don't understand why they would code the light to work like this, it makes no sense.