Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
dcervoni
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Messages Notification Profile

Hello All:

Just got my 8330 the other day and am enjoying all its features.  One problem though, I've tried a dozen times to change the message notification profile so the darn "ligthspeed" notifier and vibrate is turned off when I receive emails.  Somehow, even though I have done what I've read, heard and figured out by experimenting over and over again, i.e. Profiles-Menu-Edit-Scroll to Level 1 Message or Message, etc-Select-Choose Options (out of holster, ring tone, etc).

Nowhere across any of my profiles do I see the "lightspeed" tone and the three vibrations that go with it, but yet the two continue to rear their ugly heads each time I receive an email or message.

Any suggestions??

Thanks - D. Cervoni

Contributor
jcj1

Re: Messages Notification Profile

profiles, advanced, edit active profile, goto SMS, MMS, messages and edit each for all the notifiers and set to mute, save
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Ok because I'm a little confused as to what you've tried I will give you step by step instructions on how to change the alert. 1. Click on the profile icon. 2. scroll down and select "advanced". 3. Choose the profile you want to edit, normally the one you use most, usually "loud". 4. You will then see a long list of all the things that have an audible alert tone. 5. Select what you want to change such as your email address, don't click the "messages or level 1 messages". Actually click your email address. 6. When the next screen opens you can then select "how you want it to ring" for example tone or vibe then tone. Then you click the tone and change it to one you want to use. Then you change the number of beeps if you are using a tone such as a bell or a ding sound. Then the repeat notification is if you want your LED light to flash red when you have a new message and then you change the number of vibrations. You can also scroll down and adjust the setting for "in the holster" if you have an approved blackberry holster. THEN most importantly you have to hit the back key to the right of your trackball and select "save". Then you can adjust your next tone.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor
dcervoni

Thanks Lorrie:

Sorry for the confusion.  Your step #5 tells me not to click on Messages or Level 1 Messages but to click on my email address.  I see Browser, Calendar, Level 1 Messages, etc., etc. but not my email address.  Last entry on list is tasks. 

D. Cervoni

Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222

[ Edited ]
What notification are you trying to change the ringer for? Example: calls, email, texts?
Message Edited by lorriem1222 on 09-22-2008 09:30 PM
New Contributor
dcervoni

Trying to change the email notification tone and vibrate.

D.Cervoni

Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222

So you are saying when you click on the advanced tab and select the profile you want to change and you see the whole list come up of changeable things, your email address is NOT listed there?
New Contributor
dcervoni

That's correct Lorrie, my email address is not listed. 

I wouldn't think it should be though. Should it?

Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222

Yes it should be. Did you recently add this account or has it been there for a while? You can try doing a battery pull. Take the battery out with the phone on and leave it out for 30 seconds. Put it back in and allow the phone 1-3 minutes to reboot. Then check to see if the email is listed. If not you can go into personal email setup and delete the email account and set it up again. What provider is the email through?
New Contributor
dcervoni

Lorrie, has anyone told you lately that you're a genius!!  I did the battery pull and voila, my email address now appears in the list with Browser, Calendar, Messages, etc.  and I have successfully edited the notification for incoming emails.  Don't know why it wasn't showing initially.

Thanks for sticking with me on this one Lorrie and resolving my issue.  Very much appreciated.

D. Cervoni