Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
boyeajayi
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9315/9320

Messages application not displaying messages

Hi everyone, i am hoping to get some help here.

anytime i miss a call, the missed call log takes over my messages application (even though i did not enable call logs to be displayed in my messages application). So when i open my message or email application i will not see my emails but my missed call logs will be displayed there until i do a hard reset.

This is starting to annoy me. Is there a fix to correct this error?

Thanks

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Messages application not displaying messages

Hi boyeajayi,

Welcome to Community,

On your Homescreen press the Dial key > press Menu key  > Options > Call logs and Lists > there on that screen make sure  " Show these call Log tyres in Message List " is set to " None " then save it .Your missed call log will not appear in the message box.

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

"My Device: Blackberry Curve 9315/9320"

What model BlackBerry is this? Where did you get a "9315" from?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
boyeajayi

Its a Curve 9320 i think it was launched sometime in May 2012.

When i plug into desktop manager, it shows 9315/9320.

New Contributor
boyeajayi

I have done that already, its set to none. the annoying thing is my messages are no longer displayed in the messages application and only missed calls appear. but when i pull the battery and restart the phone, everything works ok again till the next time i miss a call.
New Contributor
rviant
My Device: 9800

Am having the same problem with one of my users, call log in messages is set to none, yet when a missed call comes in all you can see in the message log is missed calls all the emails disapear until the phone is rebooted, must be a software bug but there is no new software available yet

phone is  on vodafone uk

New Contributor
alex90
My Device: 9320

I'm also having the same problem. I get missed calls and they come up where my messages and sms should be. It doesn't happen everytime, just maybe one in every 10 missed calls I get. Likewise the only way I can get it back to how it should be is to do a hard reboot.

The software on the device is 7.1 bndle 1319, and it's also on the Vodafone UK network. In the call logs and lists page my device is device is already set to not show the call log in the message list, but it's still doing it.

Elite II
prince2012

rviant wrote :
Am having the same problem with one of my users, call log in messages is set to none, yet when a missed call comes in all you can see in the message log is missed calls all the emails disapear until the phone is rebooted,

Hi rviant,
                 If you are saying that you had set Show these call Log tyres in Message List ' is set to None  and even after that you are getting missed call list in message box that I think it will be better to Reload your OS to sort out any software issue.
Here is how to perform a clean reload :KB11320 Go for it and let us know.

Good Luck

Prince

New Contributor
alex90
My Device: 9320

Hi prince2012,

I've just tried doing this on my device as well however, it doesn't let me change the software? It's saying 'no software update's available'. I don't know whether it's because I have version 7.1 software on my device and it perharps won't take an older version?
Elite II
prince2012

alex90 wrote :

I've just tried doing this on my device as well however, it doesn't let me change the software? It's saying 'no software update's available'. I don't know whether it's because I have version 7.1 software on my device and it perharps won't take an older version?

Hi alex90,

Welcome,

Please go through The KB  Where it is like this :

Blackberry Device Software 6.0 to 7.0

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and launch the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
  2. Click the Device menu and select Update...
  3. A dialog box appears and indicates that there are" no BlackBerry Device Software updates available ". Click View other versions in the lower left corner.
  4. The check box for the currently installed version is selected in the Available Versions list. Click the Install button.
  5. Clear the check box next to Back up device data.
  6. Click the Install update button.

By reloading in this manner your OS remain same as 7.1 won't go back to older version.Try it and let us know.

Good Luck

Prince