Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
LilChicken
My Device: Not Specified

Messenger not working on Curve

I bought a brand new curve over the weekend, upgrading from an 8703.  I synked my new bb with my laptop to get all the content from my old bb and every thing came over just fine, past call logs, phone book, emails, you name it.

My boyfriend also got a new bb at the same time, and we quickly realized we weren't able to talk to each other through the messenger.. ok.  We updated the PIN's in our contacts on both units, but still were unable to message each other. 

We were both able to message our friends and they were able to message us no problem.  I was also able to send out a pin message to him, again no problem.  So we thought we'd try to delete each other off our messengers and re-add.  He sent a request out to me, and it stayed in "pending" mode for ever while I never got a notification.  I then tried adding him, and to my suprise when I clicked on his name from the contacts list got promted to pick an email address.  I canceled and tried adding using "use once" and only had the option to add a contact using email and no pin option. 

So at this point I called tech support through my provider.  We tried turning off the unit, removing battery, deleting and  resending books.. nothing worked.  The rep thought we could delete the messenger application and reinstall it, however he was unable to reinstall the application remotely.  He asked me to upload the BB software from the BB site, and upload it to my curve using the desktop manager.  Since I was in the car at the time we had to end the call there.  Today, I tried doing that and when I go to the Application Loader the only option I have to add/delete if Facebook.  I'll be calling tech support back tonight, but in the mean time does any one have any insight as to what this could be?

Thank you!

Nothing like getting a brand new toy.. that's not working

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Messenger not working on Curve

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Did you down load the BB messenger from here?

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/messenger.jsp

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LilChicken

No.. I ended up here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=02A32AD2669E6FE298E607FE7CC0E1A0

Should I try downloading the messenger by itself from the link you posted?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

No if that's your carrier thats fine. What version of Desktop software did you load?

Also, how did you download the BBmessenger software, did you save it to a file?

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LilChicken

I don't believe what I downloaded was just the messenger, I think it was the entire software package for the curve.  I simply saved it to desktop. 
Please use plain text.
Contributor
LilChicken

Although now that I look at it closely.. it's an exe file? 
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

I'm not trying to be thick, but "to desktop"  meaning on the PC or On the desktop software?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LilChicken

sorry lol, I saved it on my computer desktop, not the bb desktop app.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Click on the file to open it up and it will put it where the Desktop software can find it.

Then go to apploader and checki t to load

Let me know if you need more assistance!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LilChicken

so actually run the exe file off my computer desktop and not try to open it through the bb desktop?
Please use plain text.