If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Firepickle
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: o2

Micro SD Card contents gone

Exactly what it says in the title. The contents of my Micro SD card have disappeared and my Blackberry Curve 9300 says my card is not formatted. I have been using this card in the phone since I got it and I have collected a hell of a lot of songs and pictures. I am aware that if I format my card it is a clean wipe.

Basically where's my stuff, why has this happened and can I/how can I get it back?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Micro SD Card contents gone

Hello Firepickle

Welcome to BlackBerry Support forums

On your device when you go to Media >  Press the Menu key > Explore > Media Card > Are you able to view anything ? If not then on that screen Press the Menu key > Click on Show Hidden , are you able to view anything ?

Or connect your device to your PC and see if you're able to view anything within your Media card .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Firepickle

When I go Media > Explore, the media card isn't there/recognised. When I connect to the PC it says it needs formatted. I can't access it or my files without formatting.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi there ,

Then I think you have to format your Media Card ! 

There are many memory card recovery software available online which are able to recover data from even a formated memory card which you can try like Mini tool Power Data Recovery , Recuva , Test Disk etc. 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Firepickle

Where can I find such software? And why has this happened? Is it common? I shouldn't have to recover my software. It should be there as I didn't choose to remove it.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Firepickle wrote:
Where can I find such software? 

Hi there , 

Use your favorite Search engine , those three are just an example there are many available for this purpose .

Firepickle wrote:
And why has this happened? Is it common? I shouldn't have to recover my software. It should be there as I didn't choose to remove it.

I cannot specifically answer why this happened .. But it common . We should always do a regular backup of our device including Media card to avoid such situation . From a PC try to repair or else you have to format your card . After a format you can use any of those software to recover your files from within your media card . I hope it will work but I can't guaranty anything ... You had to take the risk .

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Firepickle

Thanks you've been very helpful. Still don't know why I wasn't told when I bought the phone that everything I spent over a year collecting could be wiped with no reason or warning. Seems pretty unfair and they should probably mention it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Firepickle

None of those recovery methods worked. When I try to format it says format failed.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Firepickle wrote:
Thanks you've been very helpful. Still don't know why I wasn't told when I bought the phone that everything I spent over a year collecting could be wiped with no reason or warning. Seems pretty unfair and they should probably mention it.

Hi there,

I think my previous reply is not to the mark as you have such conclusion !

It is not a problem with your device but your Media card , currently many Cards are available in the market and no one can guaranty how long it works , Data within Media Card may  get corrupt within a few days or after a long run , that is reason we should always do a regular backup to avoid such situation, keeping a backup of our data is our own job !

Firepickle wrote:

None of those recovery methods worked. When I try to format it says format failed.

Have you formated your Card before trying to recover , Try to format over a PC .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Firepickle

Nah like I said the card won't format and the data can't be recovered. I've had to give up but I won't be buying a new one. Pretty pointless taking family pictures, videos etc. and the like if they could just be wiped at any time with no warning.

I appreciate your attempts to help though. No-one else bothered.
Please use plain text.