Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
kevf74
My Device: Not Specified

Micro SD card issues

I am a new Blackberry user.  However, I am pretty technically inclined.  I purchased a 4GB microSD card and installed it today.  I can go to the Media Card info screen and see that I have 3.7 GB available.  Yet when I try to save a music file it states there isn't enough room on the device.  I do not have mass storage enabled and the encryption is set to None.  Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is?
Trusted Contributor
bm89
My Device: Verizon 8330 OS 4.5.0.77

Re: Micro SD card issues

it might be that youre trying to save the file to the phones memory.  idk though. i never had that problem.  with the sd card in and the phone on, try a battery pull to reset the device.  then try again. try tinkering with the save options to see if youre saving to the phones memory, or to the sd card. 
New Contributor
kevf74

I am using the software that came with it.  It just states 'device'.  I've tried to pull the battery etc with no luck.
Trusted Contributor
bm89

darn.  sorry to hear it was no help.  ask around though.  theres alot of smart people here on the forum.  good luck
New Contributor
kevf74

thanks for taking a stab at it.  I'm sure it's something simple, which is why it's so difficult. lol
Trusted Contributor
bm89

haha, tell me about it.  i had to come here when i first got my BB to figure out how to change the tone when i got a text. 
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

okay it's an easy one.
there are "memory folders" on your device.

it's a tree like in Windows Explorer :

device memory
  • music
  • video
  • ringtones
  • pictures
  • voice notes

media card memory
  • music
  • video
  • ringtones
  • pictures
  • voice notes

the fact is that the device memory is very small (less than 64MB) and there is very little space available (I only have about 10MB left)
so don't store in the pink folder.
store in the blue one.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: