Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
mdaniell7
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Micro SDHC?

Will all Micro SDHC cards work with my Curve 8310?  I saw an 8GB card that is a speed class 4 (4MB/sec).  Will that work?  Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Micro SDHC?

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I depends on the operating system you are running on your 8310.

Go to Options - About  The OS is listed like this v4.x.x.xxx  after you find that look at the chart below:

Max. Media Support depends on the version of device software you're using.

BlackBerry Device Software                         Media Card Size Limit

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0                         Up to 2GB

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1                         Up to 4GB

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2                         Up to 4GB

BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0                         Up to 8GB            (Thanks to Tanzim for the table)!

All are microSD media card. This will help you see which is compatible with your 8310.

If you need any other assistance or information let me know!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mdaniell7

Will Micro SDHC work?  According to the chart and my OS, I can use a 4GB card.  In the literature, I can only find reference to Micro SD, and nothing about Micro SDHC.  Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

mdaniell7 wrote:
Will Micro SDHC work?  According to the chart and my OS, I can use a 4GB card.  In the literature, I can only find reference to Micro SD, and nothing about Micro SDHC.

According to a press release in 2007, the 8310 can read microSDHC :

http://www.blackberry.com/news/press/2007/pr-09_10_2007-02.shtml

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
deucalionz

OK, thanks... just saw this post and that answers my question. This is a new phone and has BB S/W 4.3.0.

Please disregard message about Windows OS on my laptop.

Please use plain text.
maxepr

Is it possible that the press release refers to all 8310 units and not just ones in the country the release was published? Mine was recently purchased in North America with v4.2 software. I'd like to use a Sandisk 8 gb Micro SDHC man#SDSDQ-8192-A11M. I can't find anything solid on whether it will work or not. Sandisk says to call Rim to ask about compatibity...no phone number found, so thought I'd try your board. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

maxepr wrote:
Is it possible that the press release refers to all 8310 units and not just ones in the country the release was published? Mine was recently purchased in North America with v4.2 software. I'd like to use a Sandisk 8 gb Micro SDHC man#SDSDQ-8192-A11M. I can't find anything solid on whether it will work or not. Sandisk says to call Rim to ask about compatibity...no phone number found, so thought I'd try your board. Thank you.

Hello,

we're just a community of Blackberry users. You can contact the Blackberry Technical Support here :

https://www.blackberry.com/CSOHelp/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.