Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Missed Call LED Notification

When ever I get a new text or email my LED light turns to red and stays that way until I acknowledge the message. However when my phone rings the light turns red during the ringing but turns back to green when the ringing stops. If the phone is in the holster or not doesn't matter. So if I leave my phone somewhere not near me when I return to it I want to see a blinking red light for a missed call not for a voice mail. Is there a way to get the light to turn red and stay red until I acknowledge a missed call?
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jim_me_c
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Missed Call LED Notification

Yes, there is a way.

Click on your 'Profiles' (the little speaker icon), scroll down to 'Advanced....' 

Scroll up to the profile you use (ie. Normal, loud, etc.) and hit your menu/blackberry key and hit 'Edit'.

Go to the different things (ie. email, calendar, phone, etc.) in each one, you can select a ringtone, vibrate, etc.

Also on each one is 'REPEAT NOTIFICATION'.  It probably says 'LED Flashing'.  Select this and select none for email and whatever else you DON'T want to see an LED light flash for and leave only 'PHONE'.

I hope this works for you.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222

Thanks for the help but of all my options of things to adjust in the profile screen they are all set to LED flashing. But it does not stay flashing for a missed call only if who ever caused the missed call left a voicemail. .
Please use plain text.
tkaiser75
My Device: Not Specified

I am having the same issue with missed calls not flashing the led. I have checked the settings and they are all set LED Flashing for the phone and it is within the profile that I use. Did you ever find a solution to this?

Tim

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Lorrie,

Try not using the green coverage indicator. See if it effects the call indicator status.

Thanks,

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222

Thanks Bifocals, I will try that a little later. I am on my way to work and have no way to call myself. I will report back. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

I dont use the green indicator either..... 

:smileyhappy:

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
marfpilf
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330

I have the same problem.  No LED at all when a call is missed.  I do not use the coverage indicator and I have checked the profile to make sure LED Notification is enabled for the "Phone" category.  It flashes while the phone is ringing (vibrating) but nothing after.  The same goes for a voicemail notification.  The phone vibrates but nothing flashes after a voicemail is left.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abhichhaw
My Device: Vodafone BOLD OS 4.6.0.162

I am facing the same problem since y'day. I had upgraded the device software from 4.6.0.162 to 4.6.0.292 and since then whenever I have a missed call, the LED indicator does not flast (although it works for sms/ calendar, etc.).

Have tried things like battery pull/ changing profiles/ using coverage indicator.... but all in vain.

Can someone please help....this is really irritating.

I am using Vodafone Bold OS 4.6.0.162.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Just came across this app that sound like what you all are looking for

http://www.blackberrynews.com/2009/03/02/missinglight-gives-purple-led-indicator-for-missed-calls/

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.