Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

melanieljohnson
My Device: Not Specified

Missed call Stuck on my Home Screen

There is a missed call Icon that is stuck on my Phone. I have checked all my missed calls Deleted them all, I took the Battery and the SIM Card out for five minutes and the Icon is still on my home screen. I would like to know how to remove this Icon.

Thanks Mel

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Sugrat
My Device: Verizon 8330

Re: Missed call Stuck on my Home Screen

What happens if you call your phone again and miss the call? Also try letting it go to voicemail and see what happens when you get the voice mail icon and after you check the vm..
Please use plain text.
melanieljohnson

I tried that the screen shows 2 missed calls. But after I check that missed call it still shows 1 missed call. The voicemail Icon is also gone after I check the Voice mail.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Sugrat
My Device: Verizon 8330

I would do a backup and wipe of the unit and then restore the backup and see if that removes the icon.

Please use plain text.
MarkH1254

Hi Melanie,

Did wiping it remove the icon?  I just bought a Curve from AT&T and spent over an hour on tech support, first at AT&T then at Blackberry.  They had no more suggestions except to return it to AT&T as being defective, which I did.  I still am not convinced that it was a hard failure, rather a bug in the firmware.

Mark

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
xaroc

i had that problem, i noticed that "missed calls" get put in to your "Messeges" icon in your program list, you must click and view them, or delete them before the indicator goes away. a "note" icone or a "yellow phone with a +" beside it.

i hope this helps ^_^ 

Please use plain text.