Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

Missed phone icon is still on

I don't get it. I looked at the previous message and deleted some of my unused applications, but my missed phone call light is still on my blackberry 8320. I love the phone but this drives me up a wall
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: Missed phone icon is still on

You mean the red blinking light? This is not just for missed calls but it is also for any type of message. Do you have any small icons above the main icons that could be indicating a message of some sort?
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

There's a few things to try to reset the icon:

1. Reset the device by taking the battery out for 1 min
  2. Go into Messages, display the menu, select View Folder. Choose  Missed Calls. Make sure nothing appear. If you have entries then delete all items by clicking on most recent date header and choosing Delete Prior.
  3. Try calling the device from another phone and intentionally miss the call. Go to Phone application and review the missed call. See if the indicator resets
  4. Clear the Messages database:http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10167
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800

Clearing database will solve the issue.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit