Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 3G - 9300
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Missing App World icon

Hi,

After installing OS6 on my Blackberry 9300 the icon for Blackberry App World has disappeared. App World is installed in the application list but the icon does not appear on the Home screen even after the show all command. Can anyone help. Have already tried installing from the internet but same thing happens.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Missing App World icon

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Please check deeper than the homescreen...check all folders. Often, it goes into the Downloads folder. Be sure to have Show All active as you check each folder.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I did check deeper than the Homescreen and all folders. Still nothing there. Managed to solve the problem myself.

Opened Options- Device- Application management. Located the Blackberry App application ( of which there were 2). Clicked on it and then on the delete option. Deleted both applications.

After doing this, I downloaded the Blackberry App World program from the internet using the phone and reinstalled. Problem solved. Icon now appears on the homescreen

Contributor
My Device: 9850 Torch
My Carrier: US Cellular

Interesting how these fixes work for some.  I have noticed that when I downloaded OTA, it resided in Applications--third party, When I tried again over USB, it loaded the program in Core.  But now, after deleting 3 related BB App World parts from Core, and rebooted, and downloaded OTA, it says it installed, but now not only is there no Icon, but no evidence of the program listed in Applications.  Mine will likely require the reinstall of the OS which I am quite resistant to bother with.

My Device: Not Specified

Which site do you download app world from. I am having the same problem when I updated my 9300 to OS 6. My applications list says there is an error getting the information. I believe the error code was 404.
Contributor
My Device: 9850 Torch
My Carrier: US Cellular

New Contributor

The site used was the Blackberry site. Make sure you delete all previous applications of Blackberry App World before downloading and re-installing, using your phone to download. Good luck
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500
My Carrier: Base - Belgium

I'm completelly going NUTS because a few weeks ago, I did a software update for my Storm 9500 an all of the sudden, my App world icon was missing. (it was not hidden although i could see it in the options-applications-file).

every time I wanted to reinstall it throught the website from blackberrey (by BB or by PC) it said: already exist, do you wantto replace... tried YES and NO, tried to delete the app before activating it again. even did a complete WIPE! nothing helped!

1 week ago I contacted the insurance company from my Telephone-shop, and they couldn't fix it so they gave me a complete Boardswap (new IMEI-number) and guess what ... ISSUE REMAINS...

can't believe what I'm doing wrong!!???

My Device: 9500 storm
My Carrier: airtel

I am facing this problem too! i am unable to fix it.I have tried for the apps world icon in all the folders etc,When i try to download they say it already exists on my phone, n after i delete and download it dissappears right after download.

I have been trying to fix this from three days.Its depressing me a lot.Someone please help meSmiley Sad

I had tried deleting it from the advanced options too! it dint work there also.

In the process i also had deleted my application centre by mistake and dont knw how to retrieve it.

Someone kindly reply soon

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300
My Carrier: Globe

My sms/mms icon has been gone for THREE weeks now, the message count keeps going up and I really don't know WHAT to do about it? I tried rebooting over and over again, the show all and looked through every folder on my phone, still not there. If anybody could help me bring back the missing icon, it'll serve as a gift for my 16th birthday Smiley Sad Thanks.... I think I'm gonna go nuts....