Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

AnamikaG
My Device: Curve, 9380

Mobile hot spot 9380

I wanted to use the Mobile hot spot feature on my phone as mentioned in the user manual. It is something that can be really handy for me. to use this as per the user guide, i went to manage connections icon, however, there was no tab for Mobile Hotspot with any check box. Does that mean i dont have this feature? Its strange since my user manual clearly mentions that there is.

Even if this is anything to do with my service provider, I believe the option should still appear.

Any information will help. Thanks!

Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Mobile hot spot 9380

Hello AnamikaG

Welcome to the Community

You may still have the stock OS on your phone and needs an upgrade to an updated OS for you to enjoy the Mobile Hotspot Feature. The links below will guide you on how to update the device's OS to probably OS7.1 just choose one.

How to update the BlackBerry Device Software through the web

How to update BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac to update or make changes to applications on the Blac...

You may also contact your Carrier first and ask them if the Data Plan you have supports the Mobile Hotspot feature. Goodluck and please let us know if this helps you.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Yogi191
My Device: Curve 9380

Could you just give me the link for downloading BB OS 7.1.
I installed BB PC software but couldn't find a option of updates despite connecting my Phone..
Help me out

Yogi191
My Device: Curve 9380

Could you just give me the link for downloading BB OS 7.1.
I installed BB PC software but couldn't find a option of updates despite connecting my Phone..
Help me out..!!