Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Model 8320 caller ID feature

Hi -- could anybody comment on this _ I have the in the settings security options> content features all enabled except for the Phone book entries NO -- still when I get a call none of the numbers show up against the phone book entries.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

Re: Model 8320 caller ID feature

Welcome to the forums sesh_sundaram Smiley Happy

I believe caller ID has to also be enabled from your carrier, or else it won't work. The security options has nothing to do with this. 

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Hi -- I had this feature perfectly working when I was using the model 8700R BB unit from Rogers -- I recently purchased a 8320 from Ebay unlocked version because of all the features the 8320 has -- my phone is a company supplied phone which has all features from carrier -- caller ID etc all is activated. 
Forums Advisor III

Sorry, after some digging around I was definitely wrong Smiley Sad The content protection should block the caller ID if it is turned "on" for the address book. If it is turned off for the address book then you should be able to see the caller ID.

Take a look at this KB just to be sure your settings are as they should be: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB04903

Also do a battery pull:
1. Remove the battery while phone is turned on
2. Wait a few seconds before inserting it again
3. Allow the long boot up process to finish (takes a few minutes usually)

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
Thanks Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Hi -- did exactly as outlined by your valuable advice and the instructions -- no luck -- did battery boot up etc -- after laong week end I am going to talk to our IT guy to see if has accidentally not activated my caller ID with the service provider when changing the IME etc for my BB device from 8700R to the 8320 curve  -- Thanks for all the advice -- I shall keep u posted --- Sesh.
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

To disable the Content Protection option on the BlackBerry device, complete the following steps:

1. On the BlackBerry device Home screen, select Options.
  2. Click Security Options.
  3. Click General Settings.
  4. Change the Content Protection option to Disabled.
  5. Click the Menu and select Save.
  Please confirm you're following above instructions.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Forums Advisor III

Tanzim, I think he wants the content protection to stay on for security purposes. The caller ID should still work if the Address Book is excluded from the content protection, right?

Perhaps there is an IT policy that is blocking it and you should check with the administrator as well.

Kijana
Please remember to:
Thanks Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Hi Tanzim -- I have followed your steps verbatim about 15 times now -- after reading manuals and getting advice from other forum members -- who also sent a link to the BB pdf . No luck -- After long weekend I am going to check with my IT guy if he has barred me accidentally with the provider. This is a company phone -- I recently transferred from 8700R to curve 8320 bought off Ebay -- this phone has T mobile logo on it and prompts with T mobile logo when turning on !! I do not know if this has to do anything -- my provider is Rogers in Canada --

Sesh  

New Contributor

Hi -- good morning to you -- just wanted to keep you updated -- I resolved my caller id issue -- we did everything right with content protection etc -- it was a glitch in Rogers activation system -- in screen it was showing okay for caller id etc but they did not activate the features of name and caller id when my bb was changed on to the new unit. Now everything is working perfect in the 8320. Thanks a million for yr help
Forums Advisor III

Glad it got sorted out for you Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Kijana
Please remember to:
Thanks Smiley Happy