Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
lp0well
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310

More emails on Bberry than PC

Hi,

When I look at my emails on my blackberry I have well over 600 emails but on my PC I only have 120.

I have wireless sync turned on so why do the numbers not match or at least appear close?

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

Re: More emails on Bberry than PC

What type of email account is it? Yahoo? Gmail? Hotmail? Corporate via a BES server? 

Contributor
lp0well

This is a corporate acccount into Lotus Notes.

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

You may be best to speak to your IT helpdesk.. however.....

Assuming you are working on a local copy of your mailfile, check on the server - I know in the past my server and local copies have been verying. 

Check for unread items in any folders - this may account for the total unread email count you see on your phone. 

Contributor
lp0well

Unfortunately my IT helpless are of little use when it comes to questions about the Blackberry systems.

What do you mean by "verying"?

My mail file is held on my laptop not the server and I have synchronisation set up to go both ways.

Is there a way of deleting the emails from my bberry without affecting my email on my PC then resyncing my bberry to my PC thereby 'downloading only those currently in my inbox/folders on my PC?

Would that work?

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

Sorry, bad typing on my part. The unread count on the server version of my mail file was higher than the number on my local copy.  you will have a copy of your mail file on the server, it's how Lotus Notes works - your local copy is a 'replica' of the server. 

There kimono known way to delete the emails from your phone and re sync them without having your IT dept delete you from the BES server and re-add you. 

Have you checked the number of unread emails in folders on your laptop? If they were pushed to your device and them you filed them but left them unread they would count towards your total unread on your blackberry. 

Contributor
lp0well

Thanks Jamead1981

I also thought of that and went through my local email folders and made sure that none of the emails were still marked as unread, I now have only 78 emails marked as unread on my laptop but 391 on my blackberry.

You'd think there would be a relatively simple way to check/resynchronise the differnet locations emails are held to ensure they are all the same...... isnt that the purpose of synchronisation?

Sorry, just a whinge!

Cheers

leon

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

Have you checked the unread count on the server copy of your mailfile as suggested before? 

Contributor
lp0well

Do you know, Can you tell me how to do that?

cheers

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

On your workspace in Lotus Notes you should have an icon for your server copy (same as your local mailfile but with a server name below it). 

It can also be stacked, shown by a small arrow at the top right of the icon where you can press and select the server copy to bring it to the top. 

Your IT helpdesk should be able to help you with this.