Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Multiple Blackberrys on a single desktop.

If I give my wife a blackberry 8300 like mine, can she then synch it with her Outlook 2003 in her Microsoft XP user account?

I tried to do this and synch'd her new blackberry fine in her user account.  No problem.  However when I returned to my user account to synch mine I had some trouble getting it to do so.  I received "device not recognized" error messages.  After some considerable fiddling about I have now resolved this issue.

Have I been trying to do something that is completely impossible?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Richard 

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Multiple Blackberrys on a single desktop.

Hi and welcome to the forums,

I think you are doing it correctly, the Desktop Manager goes by pin number. I would have suggested 2 accounts on windows which you have already done.

There are two files remain active on the PC when you close out Desktop Manager: device manager BBdevmgr.exe and rimdevicemgr.exe. I usually have to manually kill the process through Windows Task manager. I do not have two accounts on my machine, so I don't know if these end when you switch users. I would watch these process's when you switch, or logoff users. If they stay up, they will give you trouble. You may want to get in the habit of rebooting between you and your wife using the Desktop Manager.

Let me know if you need more information!

If not, please take a minute to resolve the post

Thanks!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Multiple Blackberrys on a single desktop.

Bingo.  That worked.  Thanks very much indeed.  Richard