Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
devbrat
My Device: Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: Airtel

Multiple Problems

Hi,

I got my BB9300 on 10/10. It was running fine for about a month.

Now i have the following problems:

1) "edge" in lower case, unable to connect to internet.

solutions tried: Mannual Network selection, Hard reboot, change of SIM card. No solution found.

2) Whenever i hard reboot, the device shows one of the following comments:

a) Uncaught exception: Index 3 >= 3   or

b) Uncaught exception: Index 4 >= 4   or

c) Uncaught exception: Index 5 >= 5   or

d) Uncaught exception: Index 6 >= 6

solutions tried: upgraded OS to 5.0.0.832. No solution found.

3) after getting the new SIM card (for solving the "edge" problem) my phone has become very slow and the battery backup has reduced to 3-4 hours!

solutions tried: upgraded OS to 5.0.0.832. No solution found.

Please HELP!

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Multiple Problems

So, what problems are you continuing to have after replacing the sim card?  Do you still get the uncaught exceptions or is it just that the battery is draining too quickly?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
devbrat

I am still getting all the 3 problems. 1) lower case "edge" 2) uncaught exceptions 3) poor battery life :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Make a full backup of the device using Desktop manager.

Then do a Security Wipe of the device.  Don't wipe info from the media card but do wipe your user data, i.e. emails, contacts, etc.  Also you'll want to wipe any 3rd party applications since one of those could be causing the uncaught exceptions.  Once the wipe is complete, see what issues still remain. Then if the problems are solved just restore the items you need like Messages, calendar, contacts, etc.

You may need to contact your service provider about the lower case edge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
devbrat

Thanks for your help.

The battery problem was solved with the solution you provided! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

The uncaught exception error persists, however..!! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Steve_GPX
My Device: 9300 Curve 3G GSM v.5.0.0.794 - Indosat

HI,

I have ever experienced the error as same as you (Uncaught exception: Index 4 >= 4). After several hard restarts and cleaning up Log and memory, that error doesn't happen again.

1. clear the log by holding "Alt" and press "lglg" in main screen and choose "Clear Log".

2. cleaning memory, follow this step : Option --> Security Options --> Advanced Security Options --> Memory Cleaning --> Clean Now.

3. There is shortcut to hard restart without pulling out batttery. on main screen : hold this keypad "Alt" + " Right Shift" + "Del". Wait for 5 seconds and the LED with red colour will appear. Just wait until the screen appear with "BlackBerry", same like hard restart by pulling out battery and replace it again.

I hope that information is useful for you..

Best regards

Please use plain text.
Developer
William-08
My Device: 8310

[ Edited ]

For 1) lower case edge

- Call your carrier BlackBerry support to reset your SIM card.

For 2) uncaught exception

- Use Alt + LGLG to open system log,

- Look for Exception in bold.

- if you find the exception in bold, click to open it, look through the details to see which application is causing the error. If it's any 3rd party application, consider to delete it.

For 3) poor battery life

- On home screen, click menu key, select "Switch Application", see how many applications are running.

- Exit those applications that you don't need, like google map, blackberry map,etc

- Turn off bluetooth or wi-fi if you don't need it.

William

EasyDialer -- Calling card dialer, Google Voice Dialer, Conference Call dialer! Relieve the pain of dialing lengthy numbers...
----------------------------------------
If you love it, please let friends know.
If you hate it, please let me know.

Please use plain text.
Jaxon_BB
My Device: Curve 3G
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi there - wondering if anyone can help? I downloaded desktop manager for mac and when i was doing software updates to the device when my Curve 3G was connected it bought up a 507 error, still it continue to initialize and seemed fine. However, I was about to upload the pics I had stored on it, and unfortunately it seems all the pics have been deleted.

Is this true? Have they all been deleted? Is there a fix o have they gone to cyberspace somewhere and I can retrieve them again with a solution?

Please help - i'm most upset as there are some very special pics. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Jaxon_BB
My Device: Curve 3G
My Carrier: T-Mobile

its ok - all sorted now.... seems i was looking in the wrong place! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.