Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Multiple faults with my Curve 9300.

6.0 Bundle 2391 (v6.0.0.534, Platform 6.6.0.200)

Hi I got a Curve 9300 roughly 3 months ago and since then there have been numerous faults. For example: The trackpad seems to have a mind of its own, it randomly starts to scroll up and takes many tries to scroll down, it also seems to be worse when it's cold outside. Also when I lock the keypad and the screen goes dim, when i press the the mute button to unlock the keypad, on some occasions it's unrespnsive and the keypad doesnt seem to unlock for at leat 5-10 seconds. However when using it today it was so bad I had to pull out the battery and restart my BB again. Another fault is when I open up the browser, sometimes the loading bar reaches a third of the way and then just resets and then repeats the process constantly reaching a third of the way there and then starting over.

My Carrier: ATT

Re: Multiple faults with my Curve 9300.

I have had similar issues with my Curve 9300.  As of today, I'm done.  I am eligible for an upgrade and I plan on switching to anything other than Blackberry.  

A few months after I got my 9300, the trackpad began messing up.  The ATT wireless reps in store told me it was a common hardware defect and that I would likely need a replacement device.  Blackberry requires a troubleshoot attempt before they will approve a replacement for the device.  I had to dowload blackberry software to my laptop, "upgrade" my device to see if that would repair the hardware problem (which is completely illogical to begin with), and only when that failed did ATT replace my device.  It only took a few weeks for the problems to begin again.  Blackberry will once again require me to play along with their troubleshooting attempts (which only address software issues anyway) before I can receive my warranty replacement.  I have patiently waited for my upgrade eligibility because I am fed up with the mess.  My trackpad is completely non-functioning at this point so I can't even check my emails or text messages anymore.  I'm just curious if the software update has actually fixed the trackpad issue for anyone.

well first im on the same network and have the same phone but i only bought it last month my trackpad does that too i dont know why though and my mute button also does that its probably cos the handsets faulty im not sure any idea how to get BBM, Twitter and Facebook working? cos mine just stopped working on friday

New Contributor

It seems to me that these are common faults, and at least I know I've done nothing wrong. This is seriously making me consider whether or not I should send it back to my service provider only for them to give me a faulty replacement. I'm wondering if I should just void my warranty and just replace the trackpad myself, since the other faults I can live with. In fact I might just get a replacement and then sell it and with the money buy a Curve 8900. Does that seem wise? Is the 8900 any better than the 9300?

I haven't been able to figure out how to work much of anything reliably without the trackpad.  I hate this phone.  

I have had two Blackberry Curves in the last few years, and my husband is on his third (all different models).  We have experiences problems with the trackpad or rollerballs with each and every model.  RIM seems unable to conquer this faulty hardware, and I will not switch to a different model.  I have enough firsthand evidence to convince me this will be a repeating issue.  

Highlighted
New Contributor

I agree I'm also starting to hate this phone. When I first got the BlackBerry I had several family members and friends with Blackberries, when I asked if they were reliable everyone replied yes. I also had an 8520 before then and I didn't seem to have any problems with it, so I thought the 9300 is a step up and so it will be just as good. But obviously I am mistaken, the phone is a nightmare and while most of the faults I can live with, the trackpad fault is the most irritating of them all. I remember just two days ago I was sitting down and was trying to send messages to BBM contacts, but I struggled as the it kept on scrolling up. I had to press hold of the 'R' key and type at the same time to prevent it from scrolling up. I know a few people with Blackberries that have a trackball, and so far they haven't complained, so maybe I should just buy an Curve 8900? I just can't wait till my contracts over, so I can switch from this piece of junk to something like an Xperia Play. It has many more features and is a lot more fun and advanced. To be honest the only reason I bought the Curve in the first place was for BBM, and even that's getting boring and with the release of other messenger apps e.g. WhatsApp, it's no longer one of a kind.