Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: 8310 Curve

Re: Multiple instances of the same calendar events using Outlook and Desktop Manager

FIXED ,,,,,,,,,,,,, not exactly the way you just described but fixed no less.

On the forum you had talked about moving the appointments from one calendar to another.  So I started some of what you wrote. I downloaded Gmail app and am currently using it. Went to att site and removed gmail account. Set CICAL and CMIME both to work email.

You also wrote about a Doc that explains how to move records. So I did some looking and found a bulletin specifying how. I appeared that I could 1) move and then delete personal email calendar 2) move orphans to work email calendar 3) deleted old service book 4) sync to Outlook. Made sense at the time.

Somehow everything ended being a duplicate, crap. I forgot that the orphans had dups along with my personal gmail (should have moved personal to work instead). So now I decided to just remove the work appointments in my BB (this was pretty easy). Now my BB calendar was a blank slate and I could sync with the "good" Outlook calendar. Problem ended up being that when I did a one way sync  with my Desktop Manager, it thought everything was already synced.

So then I thought, oh **bleep**, the Desktop Manager must be the app that is placing the markers for syncing, not the BB or Outlook.

Although you wont find this in any fix ,I decided it was just as easy to remove the Desktop manager along with its syncing data. Then reinstall it and sync like it was the first time syncing. So I did and it felt like the first time too.

I really so thank you for your help and pointing me in the direction you did. Although you can find a lot of specific technical information on this site, the basic operation or should I say the general principal is not explained very well. Thanks for explaining how things were working within the BB itself.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Multiple instances of the same calendar events using Outlook and Desktop Manager

PatS wrote:

FIXED ,,,,,,,,,,,,, not exactly the way you just described but fixed no less.

Well cool!  I'm glad you gave it a try.

Did you do a backup before the yellow brick road?

On the forum you had talked about moving the appointments from one calendar to another.  So I started some of what you wrote. I downloaded Gmail app and am currently using it. Went to ATT site and removed gmail account. Set CICAL and CMIME both to work email.

Thumbs up!

You also wrote about a Doc that explains how to move records. So I did some looking and found a bulletin specifying how. I appeared that I could 1) move and then delete personal email calendar 2) move orphans to work email calendar 3) deleted old service book 4) sync to Outlook. Made sense at the time.

The article is in my last post the "move command".  Duplicates will get you every time Smiley Wink

2 thumbs up for finding the article.

Somehow everything ended being a duplicate, crap. I forgot that the orphans had dups along with my personal gmail (should have moved personal to work instead). So now I decided to just remove the work appointments in my BB (this was pretty easy). Now my BB calendar was a blank slate and I could sync with the "good" Outlook calendar. Problem ended up being that when I did a one way sync  with my Desktop Manager, it thought everything was already synced.

Look at the steps I wrote to setup a one way sync replacing all target data and using day ranges. Also, make sure you use the conflict resolution to notify you. It will be invaluable.

So then I thought, oh **bleep**, the Desktop Manager must be the app that is placing the markers for syncing, not the BB or Outlook.

Although you wont find this in any fix ,I decided it was just as easy to remove the Desktop manager along with its syncing data. Then reinstall it and sync like it was the first time syncing. So I did and it felt like the first time too.

Good logic!

Yeah, you won't find that in any fix ! Smiley Wink

Next time think in smaller terms.

Everything on the Blackberry and the PC are files in folders

The desktop manager does hold the options setup for sync in a folder.

You could have just deleted that folder in the PC.

KB11703 How to delete the Intellisync folder if synchronization is unsuccessful

I really so thank you for your help and pointing me in the direction you did. Although you can find a lot of specific technical information on this site, the basic operation or should I say the general principal is not explained very well. Thanks for explaining how things were working within the BB itself.

I think you worked it out pretty well for your first trip down the aisle!

The information is all here, the KB, the grey search box, manuals, and us!

Congratulations!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

I still would like to hear about your GrandMa!
Please resolve the thread so others can find your answer faster.
Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

could you please explain to me how to move the orphaned entries from default device?  I tried to follo scenario 1 in KB19240 and it doesn't work or I'm totally missing something.  How does one type MOVE when there's nowhere to type?  I have a Pearl flip 8220 - will it not work on my device because I don't have individual keys for each letter??  I NEED to retrieve my orphaned calendar entries and move them to my main calendar - please help - thanks

Contributor
My Device: 8310 Curve

This is the 8300 forum. You should post a new post in the 8200 forum for help that pertains to your phone.