Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
paaigee44
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360

Multiple openings for text messages...?

[ Edited ]

So today i was on my phone, when i recieved a message, but it came up on my text messages screen twice, like two different conversations but it was the same person with the same message, and the same conversation.  It had just started with one person, having those 2 messages, then it was doing it for other people as well, with up to 7 or 8 parts on my screen. Im not really sure how to explain it.

when i deleted one of the messages then the rest would go blank like it was an empty conversation, but it still had the contacts name, and im not sure whats happening because i have at least 6 openings for some of my contacts, so every time i get a text its "new message" and high lighted in over 6 places, and then when i send them it shows it sending in each opening.  I have over 4700 messages with some of these contacts that i dont want to delete if this can be fixed, but i need it fixed ASAP

if anyone knows what i can do to fix it, please write what i can do! you could also email me <removed> please and thx!!

any amount of help is appreciated!! if this has happened to you, tell me what you did and if it worked or not!! Thanks!!!

MOD EDIT: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Multiple openings for text messages...?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness shows up, the first thing to try is a proper reboot:

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.

See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
paaigee44
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360

well my charging port gave out about a 10 months ago so i have 2 batteries which means i have to constantly switch them and charge them seperately, and ive tried the taking the battery out thing, but it didnt work. Again, i dont want to have to reset my phone because of all the messages i would lose that i would like to keep

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Given what you describe (and have now added to), I don't see any way short of "resetting" (the actual steps are much more technical than that term would imply) your BB. And, since you have no USB port, you have no ability to backup your device fully, which further impacts your present situation. All in all, I don't see a way for you to avoid losing what you have not backed up...backups are, after all, neither a reactive nor an optional activity with computing devices.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code