Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
clp552
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Music Album Images on 8310 Media Card Will Not Display

Perhaps mistakenly, I thought that the music portion of the 8310 would be similar to my mp3 player in that it would display the album cover when playing that album.  The various albums are on the media card and the album art for each image is in the respective folder.  The file name for each image is merely 'album art.jpg'  The images were in the respective folders when the folders were transferred and the images are on the card.  I can see them in the directory and if I move from music to pictures, all of the images are displayed.  

Although I'm not technologically challenged, I am getting frustrated.  I have tried everything I could find in the user manual and the help screens.  

I'd appreciate any help.  

Thanks,

Connie 

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Music Album Images on 8310 Media Card Will Not Display

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Under the current media manager you can't display the album. There are several thrifd part apps that can help you do this. Flipside is one. There is a free trial for this product.

Here is a link : http://www.electricpocket.com/flipside/

There are several out there so you may want to Google search.

Please let me know if this helps!

If this answers your question, please resolve the thread using the options over the Kudo's star!

Thanks! 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

I am stunned. I have one mp3 on which I have the jacket of the album showing. How come ?
I am using the regular Media player of my 8310 blackberry (OS 4.2.2)

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
clp552

I originally had one of twelve albums that had the image displayed. 

After reformatting the card and transferring the files again, I could

get no images to display.  

I'm going with Bifocals' solution.

ArnoldToporowsk

It works for me, but only if I have the album art embedded in the mp3 file.  (With the version I have of Microsoft Media Player - version 11 - you can add pictures to the mp3 by using the advanced tag editor on the file and adding a jpg)

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

ArnoldToporowsk wrote:

It works for me, but only if I have the album art embedded in the mp3 file.  (With the version I have of Microsoft Media Player - version 11 - you can add pictures to the mp3 by using the advanced tag editor on the file and adding a jpg)

Okay, based on your answer I did some googleling. The MP3 has many tags included in the ID3v2 tags : songname, artist, album, year, comments.... and also a "attached picture" (usually the album cover). There are many media players that can deal with that picture and embbed it in the mp3 file, for instance windows Media Player.

see more here :

http://www.id3.org/Implementations

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
clp552

Perfect!

I'm getting Windows Media Player to work well.  Now I don't have to deal with Flipside.  

Thanks again.