02-16-2009 06:16 PM
I have an 8GB sdhc card, and I have imported just over a gig of music(MP3's) onto my phone. When I go to "Artists", it shows all of the artists, and when I navigate from a specific artist, it shows all of the albums. But when I view the Album content about half the albums appear empty and half are populated with the songs that make up the album.
If I go to "All Songs", all the songs i copied over are there, even though many do not appear under the associated album, and they all play just fine from "All Songs".
If I go to "Albums", and navigate to the album that was empty before, it is still empty.
If I got to "Genres", all of the genres for the copied music appear. If I look through the listed genres, many are empty. If I go to the "All Songs" listing, I can see songs that have the genre I selected previously which returned an empty list of songs.
I have repeatedly removed and re-added to music using both just Windows Explorer and using the Roxio tool that is part of the Desktop Manager.
I have verified the ID3 tags for the all of the music I copied to my 8900.
I have tried just copying one album at a time, and that has resulted in one album working and another not working.
What I can gather is that the 8900 can obviously read and play the files I am copying over, but the ID3 tags are not being indexed correctly, or there is an issue with storing the indexed data.
02-16-2009 06:28 PM
I was just reviewing what I was seeing on my phone, and I made a mistake in explaining what I was experiencing.
If I go "Artists" > Artist Name > Artist Albums > Selected Album, returns an empty list for certain albums.
If I go "Albums" > Same Album as Above, I am given a listing of the songs for the selected album that previously returned an empty list.
09-11-2009 11:37 AM
09-16-2010 03:02 PM
I was using an tag editor via WIndows to modify my MP3 music entries on a Curve. Some changes took but others did not. I finally re-booted (powered off/on) and all of my changes took effect.
07-25-2014 09:12 PM
I had the same problem, looked through several forums, rebooted, re-synced, pulled the battery, cleaned my tags, tried both the memory card and flash memory -- all with the same result. The Blackberry 10 music player only read the tags properly on about half of my 1800 mp3's. The only solution that everyone seemed to agree on was to re-edit the tags 1 by 1 with the MP3Tag program. This just didn't seem like a realistic option.
So I found Neutron Music Player on Blackberry App World. Seems to be new, costs about 6 bucks, and is an alternative to the native BB10 Musiic Player. Awesome sound, tons of features, and best of all, read all my tags and properly linked album art on every file without a hitch. Wish I had just bought it 3 days and much frustration ago. It even lets you choose whether to pull album art from the tag or folder file, whether to sort by album or album artist...
Anyway, it's a quick and easy fix for the bugs in Blackberry 10 music indexing.