Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Banjobum
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Musician needs help storing song lyrics / chord charts.

I just got my 8310 curve because I needed better voicemail capability. But now I'm starting to see the vast possibilities. I have created many files on my laptop to store song lyrics and chord charts. It would be really cool if I could store and get to these from my handheld. I don't think I can do this without adding an application. The files are mostly in RTF format now but I can convert them to doc or whatever. Can anyone suggest the best way to do this - like what would be a good application to be able to store / read / add / edit these files right on my handheld?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Musician needs help storing song lyrics / chord charts.

hello,

you can do all that without installing anything. You just need to convert your rtf file into a doc file or an xls file.
then :
  • if you have handheld software os 4.2 or earlier : just email you the file as attachment
  • if you have handheld software os 4.3 or later : just store the files on your memory card (in any folder, I suggest you to create a new one).

To know what OS you have : home screen >> options >> about

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

if you have 4.2, you can install the "Documents To Go" application. then you can do as if you had 4.3 or later.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Banjobum
My Device: Not Specified

Xandrex - Thanks for the info. It seems that I have 4.2.2.170 as currently supported by my service provided ATT. I tried the email attachment method. That works - thanks. It seems that "Documents To Go" requires v4.5 or later on the 8310. ATT will be providing an OS upgrade but the support people don't know when. Cheers

Please use plain text.