Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

mirs81
My Device: curve 8520

My 8520 has a white screen, then keeps rebooting

Hi All, 

I have had my 8520 for about 18 months and it has worked fine.  Recently, I downloaded an app from app world and then all strange things started to happen.  (I am not sure if the problem is related).  It would freeze with a white screen or just go black and if I try to reboot it will start up and then freeze again.  at first It will only reboot properly if plugged into my desktop.  I tried restoring the OS and that didnt help.  Now, if it is plugged into the pc or wall charger it just keeps rebooting over and over.  The phone works when it wants and sometimes it doesnt.  It doesnt work for a whole day.  PLEASE HELP!!!

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: My 8520 has a white screen, then keeps rebooting

Hello mirs81

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Please Start your Device on Safe Mode and then Uninstall the Application You recently installed on your device . And also remove any media card if you have on your device.

KB17877  How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode.

KB10040 : How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone.

Please try it and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
mirs81
My Device: curve 8520

Re: My 8520 has a white screen, then keeps rebooting

thanks so much, I never knew that my phone can start in safe mode, but the app has already been removed since I re-installed the OS.  I will see if it works now and will post back.  

Thanks again!