Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Jinesh
My Device: Curve8520
My Carrier: Vodafone India
Accepted Solution

My 8520's screen just goes white frequently

Hello it would really great if someone can help me with this issue.

I am using a BB Curve 8520 Smartphone (EDGE WIFI) v5.0.0.681.... From almost a month now i am facing a problem whenever i m using my phn for more than 5mins in a stretch... Even while browsing internet or during call the screen jst blurs and goes totally white and then i have to take d battery out nd reinsert it and it will try to restart for a min or so nd again go sompletely white midway..... The only way the phn restarts is by reinserting the battery while being attached to the charger.... Although it doesnt have battery issues as when the phone starts again the battery indications are correct and doesnt show a drained out battery.

I upgraded software frm BB website and also tried deleting all the new apps that i had downloaded but still the problem wont go..... The phn works perfect and doesnt freeze even once when constantly connected to the charger.... But practically thats not possible.....

Please do help me with this issue at the earliest.....

Thanx in advance.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
VIGCURVE
My Device: CURVE 3G 9300
My Carrier: Bharti Airtel

Re: My 8520's screen just goes white frequently

[ Edited ]

Did you drop ur phone in water or hard surface? 

You seems to be having a hardware problem with the screen.

Best solution get ur Blackberry Device  Checked from a Qualified Mobile Service center.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
weelauz003
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: tesco mobile

I had the exact same problem and my batt started to sweal a bought a new batt and its working great mines was showing that the batt was half full and it would only reboot n work when charger was plugged in it would turn white if it was off charge for more than a few mins sounds like u need a new battery hope this helps xxx
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jinesh

Hey thanx a lot ill try using my friends battery for a day to chk if thats the real prob..... 

And i didnt drop my phone..... Lets hope this prob is solved by just changing the battery.....

Thanx a lot once again for the solution... Hope it works...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
weelauz003

I didn't think it was my batt as it was charging and working great while on charge they guy in the phone shop said the batt was starting to swell have u noticed if the batt seems thicker or u can't get ur bk cover to fit properly ???
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jinesh

yeah i did change my battery and now the phone works all fine.... Yeah it was totally a pure battery issue and also the battery had started swelling a little.... Thanx a lot guys for ur inputs and it did work for me......

Please use plain text.
Contributor
weelauz003

Yvw glad to help
Please use plain text.
King_JA
My Carrier: Digicel

This is happening to my curve 8520 right now. I was told that my phone may have board problems, however, i failed to believe this as the phone works quite well when plugged in. I thought many times that the cause may have been the battery; your views have confirmed this theory. Also, my battery is slightly swollen. I haven't gotten the chance to try a different battery but as soon as i get the chance, i will definitely share my result.

Please use plain text.