Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

tomboyhockey
My Device: 9300

My 9300 battery swelled and almost exploded

My blackberry curve 9300 battery was sitting in my phone on my computer shelf, it wasnt in direct sunlight, it didnt get to warm, nothing. I grabbed my phone and couldnt figure out why the case was sitting funny on it, until I looked at the battery.

The battery swelled to the max and almost exploded, its swollen so bad I cannot put the cover on my phone, I emailed blackberry about this but suprise suprise they ignored me.

THIS HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE?  What did you do?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
blacksnake
My Device: curve 8520 + 9320

Re: My 9300 battery swelled and almost exploded

Yep, had the same battery issue. Maybe not as drastic as yours but I had a battery that swelled like a sponge in water. This caused issues with my BB, least alone the back cover not fitting my phone, but random power-offs, white screen , etc, etc. Don't bother with Blackberry Support, simply because they'll tell you what I'm about to tell you.... They don't last forever..... Buy a new battery and move on buddy.

No further issues after a £15 spend on a new batt...

Good luck

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Olny two tihgns mtater wehn cmospnoig a BBm mssaege.... as lnog as the frist and lsat ltteres of a wrod are in the rghit pacle, the biarn wlil siltl rcoeginse the wrod... So mcuh for seplclhcek!!!"
Please use plain text.