Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 8250 curve
Accepted Solution

My BB 8520 Curve got locked after a few times password input. I am now on 8/10. How do i prevent my phone being "wiped" ? I have already been asked to type ""blackberry" . When I put in the correct password, it doesnot appear as xxxx. but in letters. Please help

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: My BB 8520 Curve got locked after a few times password input. I am now on 8/10. How do i prevent my phone being "wiped" ? I have already been asked to type ""blackberry" . When I put in the correct password, it doesnot appear as xxxx. but in letters. Please help

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you are talking about your device lock password, then the only thing that can help is the user-created device lock password. There is no "master" or "override" password...only the password you created, entered exactly correctly (including all ALT, NUM, or SYM key modification uses) can unlock it and prevent the wipe.

If you have previously attached to a PC and know now to type your password on the PC keyboard, then you can do that and the counter will reset...it's the same device lock password counter regardless of which method of entry you use.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Re: My BB 8520 Curve got locked after a few times password input. I am now on 8/10. How do i prevent my phone being "wiped" ? I have already been asked to type ""blackberry" . When I put in the correct password, it doesnot appear as xxxx. but in letters. Please help

Thanks sdgardne, will try that out and get back to the Community.
Lina

sdgardne wrote:
Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you are talking about your device lock password, then the only thing that can help is the user-created device lock password. There is no "master" or "override" password...only the password you created, entered exactly correctly (including all ALT, NUM, or SYM key modification uses) can unlock it and prevent the wipe.

If you have previously attached to a PC and know now to type your password on the PC keyboard, then you can do that and the counter will reset...it's the same device lock password counter regardless of which method of entry you use.

Good luck!

New Contributor

Hello sdgardne, I was actually afraid to apply the above-mentioned solution as I had just a couple more tries but your reply gignered me up to give it a try.....and it worked!!!!!!! Thanks a million, you can't imagine how anxious and inadequate I have felt these few days because I can not access stuff on my BB! I am seeing my carriers ASAP for a back up and advise everyone to do same.