Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
Rhoda2503
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520

My BB 8520 won't reboot fully

My bb 8520 has been switching off and rebooting itself quite often for the past 2 months but I figured that it was the usual blackberry issue because of bbm but recently it has been doing this literally 5 times within an hour. Today it just switched off, reboots and switches off 2 seconds after that. It's been doing this for the past 4 hours and has not fully rebooted no matter what I do.

Is it a software issue or do I just need to get a new phone????

Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S

Re: My BB 8520 won't reboot fully

Are you able to restart your device in safe mode as shown in KB17877?

I assume, since it's caught in a reboot cycle, when you connect to the Desktop Software it doesn't take a stable connection to reinstall your software?

If that is case, remove your battery and keep it out when you connect to the Desktop Software. You will get a pop up that the device can't connect and there should be Retry, Update and Cancel buttons. Select Update and you will then be able to reinstall the current device software version.

When the load is progressing, you will see a step that says "Wait for device initialization". At this point, insert the battery and the reload should complete.

VIA |  Guru III

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/Reboot-reboot-reboot/m-p/1597415/highlight/t...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Mandingo1959
My Device: 8520

Thank you I had the same problem 8520 only loading up as far as the y. Tried alt lglg, hard pull, in the end had to download new software, don't ask me how but I did and I'm well proud as taking it in would of cost me Xcd200'pp which is about $80.00usd! Only thing I don't have Blackberry world on my phone how do I load apps like whatsapp?
New Contributor
msupuu78
My Device: Curve 8520

hey,

You can get the blackberry application centre on the blackberry destop when you click on applications tab. It is way less lighter than downloading BBApp on the internet. Did that and was able to download watssap. 

Mandingo1959

Thanks very much all sorted.
New Contributor
adoptivecath

thank you very much for your step by step advice.  my bb is now up and running