Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
KT9360
My Carrier: o2

My BBM isn't working!

Recently, my curve 9360 started being really slow, and I couldnt get any new recent updates on bbm, so i tried rebooting it and it took the recent updates button off!

I also cant send messages over bbm, although the rest of my phone works. ive tried rebooting it again, and also i know there have been more recent updates since i rebooted it first that i havent recieved. can anyone help please?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,744
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: My BBM isn't working!

Even if you have done this, do it again.

Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KT9360

okay, thank you but it still didn't work! ive heard that if you deleate bbm and then reboot the phone it will work, but i'm worried i'll lose all my bbm contacts! 

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Before deleting BBM, open BBM > Menu key > Options > Backup... both remote and locally to your Media Card, first.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hamdani
My Carrier: MEP (0 left)

Check your signal logo, if 3g/edge (not 3G/EDGE) you can't send over BBM and browsing, may be your network is breakdown or having problem with signal. reboot your handset and turn-on again. Wait in a few minutes until your network/signal back to normal.

If in one or more time your signal logo still 3g/edge, it means your pin is suspend. contact your service provider to solve your issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click "Accept as Solution" if your issue is resolved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KT9360

okay - tried it and this time it uploaded the new bbm, but it wont let me send messages, some of the contact pictures are missing and the recent updates bar is still gone.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

OK, slow down. Contact pictures don't ALWAYS sync quickly and ignore the the recent status updates for now.

What is your homescreen data signal... 3G, EDGE, etc? Do you see the RIM logo, the dots?

AND -- On your Manage Connections screen, click on the Services Status.
What is the status of the BlackBerry Internet Service?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KT9360

it has the dots and GPRS with the mobile network signal bar. it also says the blackberry internet service connection is connected with wi-fi.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

KT9360 wrote:

it has the dots and GPRS with the mobile network signal bar. it also says the blackberry internet service connection is connected with wi-fi.

OK that is ALL good.

Now, find a friend with a BlackBerry and get their PIN, and open your messages icon > menu key > compose PIN and enter the PIN of the friend there.

Does it show a D for delivered?

Does the friend receive the PIN message?

Can your friend REPLY to it and do you receive the reply?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KT9360

no, the message i sent is shown in red and did not send - no reply either.

Please use plain text.