Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: BlackBerry Curve

My BlackBerry Curve won't send texts to new numbers?

Since I believe November 2012, I can't send a text to any new number I put in. I can write and "send" the text but I immediately receive a 9230 text back saying that the phone number was invalid or doesn't have enough digits. I try adding a 1 before the area code, I try taking the 1 out, I try taking the area code out altogether... It doesn't matter. It is very frustrating when I need to send an important message but it is too late to call. Why does it do this?? And how can I fix it?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: My BlackBerry Curve won't send texts to new numbers?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please check, inside of the phone app Options, the settings for "Smart Dialing"...it is possible that some digits are being automatically appended to your SMS messages, making the destination invalid.

Otherwise, contact your mobile service provider for formal support with this voice-level service.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code