Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

DarthZannah
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile
Accepted Solution

My BlackBerry is frozen, is it safe to take the battery out while it's on?

It's a Curve 9320, I bought it two weeks ago. It has no data plan, I just use our home WiFi.

My Curve has moments where it freezes so none of the buttons work (including the off button). Sometimes it unfreezes when I plug in the charger, and other times it doesn't. When that happens I let the battery run out of power and charge it, then it's fine for awhile. That takes time though, so I'm wondering if it's safe to just take the battery out? Or is it kind of like hard-booting a computer, where that's not good for the system?

Lately it's been freezing when I go into my text messages. I know it's not a memory issue, I delete messages after I'm finished a conversation. And I'm not a very conversational person in the first place. XP

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,838
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: My BlackBerry is frozen, is it safe to take the battery out while it's on?

Yes, Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.