Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Virgin

My BlackBerry keeps turning off

I have had my BlackBerry for 1 year and 3 months, got it as a Christmas present, and it had been fine for the first year- but then it started to get worse.

The only Apps I have on my phone are Facebook, Twitter and Kik Messenger. These do not appear to be the root of the problem as when I deleted them, the problems remained.

My phone, from a night's charge (roughly 9 hours) will claim to be at full battery, however this doesn't seem to be the case.

The battery will last for about 2 hours and then, after I have removed and replaced the battery, cut out straight after the message 'Uncaught exception: Java.lang.error' appears. This, on top of the headphone port not working and the back cover coming loose- created obvious issues.

The battery doesn't seem to be the case either, as when I replace it with a different battery the same problems occur.

There have been a few similar issues on the forums as my own- but they all require more than 30 seconds of battery to proceed.

Hope to hear from you soon,

All Replies
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My BlackBerry keeps turning off

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Hopefully you already have a good backup of your device, for I fear that with your current situation, obtaining such will not be possible. But, you can try...see the link in my auto-sig on this post for recommendations.

As for trying to recover your device, I recommend these measures:

Good luck!

Special through 31-Oct-2015 -- 10% Discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.
New Contributor
My Device: 1
My Carrier: 1

Re: My BlackBerry keeps turning off