Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
zaralouiseredshaw
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Virgin Media

My Blackberry 9300 keeps taking AGES to load up, it loads up, goes to clock, and then it has an app error. HELLPPPPPP!!!!!

I have taking the battery out and restarting my phone so many times. The blackberry bar fully loads, then it takes about 20 minites to get past my virgin media screen. Before my phone started playing up, I had it on clock, and whenever it eventually restarts it goes to clock.. the little timer thing comes up for about 20 minites, it moves a little bit, freezes for another 20 and then goes to app error. I don't know what I'm ment to do!:'( Whats not working, I haven't done ANYTHING and I barely have any apps or photos on my phone at all! HELLPP MEEE!!!!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: My Blackberry 9300 keeps taking AGES to load up, it loads up, goes to clock, and then it has an app error. HELLPPPPPP!!!!!

Hi zaralouiserdshaw

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

That Clock appears on our homescreen when applications runs in the background or if our device undergo low memory. To resolve your issue please Reload your Device Software. Look at this Knowledge Base article for further instructions :

KB10307 : The Hourglass or clock symbol spins continuously on the BlackBerry smartphone.

After OS reload don't Install too much applications ,Install only those that need regularly. Always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.Don't leave your Browser open when not in use.If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating and also quick battery drainage.

If we  press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) apart from those close any other application that you see on that screen.Also don't enable Memory Cleaner make sure it is disabled.Homescreen > Options > Security > Advance security Setting > Memory Cleaner ,Make sure that it is UNmarked or disabled Memory Cleaner because  It  can also  cause freezing and clocking.

So try it and let us know how it goes.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zaralouiseredshaw
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Virgin Media

Re: My Blackberry 9300 keeps taking AGES to load up, it loads up, goes to clock, and then it has an app error. HELLPPPPPP!!!!!

How do I restart my phone?

Please use plain text.