Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
vineshan
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320

My Blackberry 9320 keeps on freezing

Hi Please can someone assist me. I purchased two blackberry 9320s within this month and the first week, all was good and the phone worked brilliantly. Now, this phone freezes at least 10 times a day, irrespective of whether I am just playing a game on the phone or accessing something. It is becoming a real pain...had it been just the one phone, I would have said that it was something on the phone but this is happening on both the phones at random times. Is there some software that could resolve this? Is it the phone itself that is the problem? I am not happy with this. The fact that it is less than a month old says something. I don't even download onto the phone and am having these issues. There is not much on the phone at the moment as well. PLEASE HELP

Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360

Re: My Blackberry 9320 keeps on freezing

Hello

What 3rd party apps installed, and are these on both phones?

New Contributor
vineshan

about 4...my hollywood bets, AccuWeather..ScoreMobile and an application to used to do internet banking...and NO, this is not on both the phones...only one of them...they are not running all the time either...only the AccuWeather but then again, the other phone doesn't have that

Super Contributor
f0xx386

Ok.

Since there is one common application on both and although they are running at the same time when can try a safe boot.

Try doing a safe boot on device first.

Remove the battery and replace now hold down back key , when loading bar is quarter way release the key. Once booted a message should appear saying your device is in safe mode, click ok. Use it for 4 hours and see if freezes, if it does then we can assume its a app causing problems.

Also have you replaced Sd cards on the devices? And did you format them on the device or on your pc?
New Contributor
vineshan

hi thanks very much for your reply...please forgive me but I am new to the blackberry world. Please note, the other phone doesn't have any of these applications on it...just the one that I use. The other doesn't have a single 3rd party app. The phone still has the original Sd card on the phones. It was not formatted at all from my side. The phones are less than a month old. I will try the part where I remove the battery and replace and hold down the back key.

Thanks very much for taking the time...I will keep you posted on the outcome. much appreciated

Super Contributor
f0xx386

Also try keeping it on either 3G only or 2G only.
New Contributor
vineshan

many thanks....your assistance is greatly appreciated....will let you know the outcome