Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Mobilicity

My Blackberry Curve 9380's screen won't turn on!

[ Edited ]

My Blackberry Curve 9380's display screen won't turn on!  The flashing red light still appears so I guess I am still able to receive texts.  I can also receive calls; my ring tone goes off but I cannot answer!  I have to unlock it and I can't do anything on a touch screen that's virtually useless now.  I've done so many battery pulls yet it doesn't work.

I did drop it but it wasn't very hard.  My bb fell when it was in my rubber case and the fall was around knee length (I am very short only 5'0).  My friend said its possible that the backlight broke.  If it is true, how much does it cost to repair it?  My warranty expired a few weeks ago...

My friend also said there could be something else wrong with it.  Like a downloaded an app that had a corrupt file (this has happened to me before and the phrase "Uncaught exception java.lang.error" kept popping up every time I did a battery pull) or a programming error. I tried Jl_Cmder and I've done reset to factory.  I've even tried to wipe everything completely.  "The device will reboot to a white screen with a '507' error" this didn't happen... It did reboot but nothing can be seen.  I regret it deeply ...

I'm sorry this is so long but please can someone help me? ): 

Solutions: 6,154
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: My Blackberry Curve 9380's screen won't turn on!

Ouch, that doesn't sound good. Even though it's out of warranty, you should check first with your mobile provider for a repair estimate. 

Sorry!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code