Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Kassp11
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9800

My Blackberry Curve 9800 does not receive or send picture messaging.

I got a BB for my birthday, I was playing around and trying to figure how everything works when a friend wanted to send me a picture I did not recieve it, for a minute I thought maybe it's because she didn't send it right or her phone didn't work. Then a few days later I wanted to send a picture to my friend aswell, but it wouldnt send, their would be the little clock on the side then a big red X would appear not even a few moments after i tried sending it. I tried over and over and it will not work. I do not recieve any pictures and can't send any which sucks, i want to know if their is anyway to be able to fix this problem.. 

*I am on a prepaid plan, and have unlimited texting with Telus, normaly unlimited texting includes picture messaging*

Trusted Contributor
billbuck0
My Device: Rotary Phone

Re: My Blackberry Curve 9800 does not receive or send picture messaging.

Check your phone plan.  Probably MMS is not available on pre paid with your phone carrier.

New Contributor
Kassp11

I had prepaid plan on my phone before blackberry and had the same features and sending pictures was free.

Trusted Contributor
billbuck0

Check with your phone carrier.  They may of changed things.  What is known as, "subject to change without notice".

New Contributor
Kassp11

It has not changed ; http://www.telusmobility.com/en/QC/prepaid/add-ons.shtml ... if you go on messaging Add-Ons.. it even says that its included... 

Messaging Unlimitedunlimited text, picture and video messages4$15
Trusted Contributor
billbuck0

This only applys to customers who are NOT Blackberry users."Messaging Unlimited", unlimited text, picture and video messages4 .  

4 Premium and subscription messages are not included. An additional 15¢ charge will apply for each text message or attachment sent outside of Canada and the U.S. Clients with phones not able to display picture or video messages will receive a text message that includes a web address for viewing. On Blackberry devices, video and picture messaging are only available with a Blackberry rate plan.

If you have a Blackberry rate plan,  than call Telus (*611) right away and tell them so they can credit your account.   Also for the inconvenience , I'd see if they would throw in a freebie maybe?

New Contributor
Kassp11

It's so weird because they never told me anything about a Blackberry rate plan, i could have gotten the same price of what i am paying now but get unlimited email, unlimited texting , maybe it is only one thing extra but it is still something :smileytongue: haha .. Thanks so much, i will try and contact my provider!!