Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Shavy1993
Accepted Solution

My Blackberry keeps freezing on the loading page!

Hi, I have had my blackberry for a couple of months and only recently has it not being able to get past the black screen with "blackberry" and the loading bar on it!

I tried to remove a contact from my bbm status thing and it just cut out! The grey loading bar constantly freezes three quarters of the way along and does not seem to move any further!:smileysad:

I have tried countless things but none have worked, I was wondering if anyone knows how to move it on and stop it freezing halfway along the bar?

Thank you so much.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My Blackberry keeps freezing on the loading page!

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Since you did not elaborate on what you have tried, we risk redundant advice. So, the first thing is this...anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

If that does not work, then do it again, but leave the battery out for at least 10 minutes. Makes no sense, I know...but sometimes it helps.

If still that does not work, then please elaborate on exactly what you were doing..."remove a contact from my bbm status thing and just cut out" isn't terribly useful for diagnostics...please be as precise and detailed as you can be.

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Shavy1993

Thanks. It worked.

So the bit about ..."remove a contact from my bbm status thing and just cut out" well what happened was I deleted a contact from the blackberry messenger contact list and the number in the brackets never changed and  today I was sent a message through the blackberry messenger but is unable to find it in the bbm application and/or in the messages folder (where it would usually show) so I was wondering if you knew how to get rid of the sign at the top of the screen next to the clock? since it is frustratingly annoying because of the continuous red light flashing.

Thank you so much for the advice, I found that if I left it on its charger for 10 mins approx. The small bar began to move again!

Thank you very much. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Shavy1993 wrote:

Thank you so much for the advice, I found that if I left it on its charger for 10 mins approx. The small bar began to move again!

Oh! :robotsurprised: I hadn't even yet considered a dead battery! Yes...BBs will not boot up unless there is a minimum charge. It sounds like yours reached the point where the startup sequence thought there was adequate charge, but that it was over-depleted during the startup, resulting in the shutdown. You should leave your BB charging for 2 hours now minimum. And don't let the battery deplete...these batteries do not like that condition, and it can actually permanently damage them, rendering the battery useless (totally the opposite of older battery technologies, I know!).

Shavy1993 wrote:

So the bit about ..."remove a contact from my bbm status thing and just cut out" well what happened was I deleted a contact from the blackberry messenger contact list and the number in the brackets never changed and  today I was sent a message through the blackberry messenger but is unable to find it in the bbm application and/or in the messages folder (where it would usually show) so I was wondering if you knew how to get rid of the sign at the top of the screen next to the clock? since it is frustratingly annoying because of the continuous red light flashing.

As for that very very very long sentence...I'm still having trouble understanding what you are saying there...

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Shavy1993

Sorry, it is real late here! and i am pretty tired from working.

There is a symbol for the blackberry messenger message by the clock on the main screen of my phone. But I am unable to find that particular message so i would like to remove the symbol, but how!?:manwink:

thank you.

Yeah i think the battery was pretty low, since i was listening to music A LOT! lol

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ah...OK...so it depends on which symbol it is...there are different symbols for different things you've received. A personal (1:1) BBM chat will have one symbol while new entries into a group chat will have a different symbol. If you have groups, it can be tricky sometimes...sometimes you have to go into each group chat, into each group picture, and even into the comments of each group picture. Only then will some of the group chat icons finally clear.

Now, if it's somehow related to that BBM contact item you tried to remove, I'm not sure what to think there. You might get to the point of removing and reinstalling BBM (backup your contacts, of course, so as to restore rather than recreate).

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Shavy1993

Oh thank you so much- i will try that tomorrow! thank you very much for your help- i think you may have saved me a trip to the phone shop!

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome! That's why I hang out here...for the folks I can help. Well, that and the kudo's...we get to trade them in for fabulous cash and prizes every so often. :smileytongue:

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
sharlz
My Carrier: Vidafone

Re: My Blackberry keeps freezing on the loading page! - my bb is doing the same !

hi :smileyhappy:

my blackberry curve is doing the same thing...on the black screen with the word "blackberry" and the loading bar, it keeps freezing 3/4 of the way.  It is not the battery and i have taken out my battery and sim card for over an hour and put it back and it still is not working... please help !!!!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Re: My Blackberry keeps freezing on the loading page! - my bb is doing the same !

sharlz wrote:

hi :smileyhappy:

my blackberry curve is doing the same thing...on the black screen with the word "blackberry" and the loading bar, it keeps freezing 3/4 of the way.  It is not the battery and i have taken out my battery and sim card for over an hour and put it back and it still is not working... please help !!!!

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Given your description, you cannot rule that out I think. If the battery is depleted to a point where it can allow the boot-up process to start but not complete, that would explain the behavior. So, I advise putting it on a known good charger for at least 2 hours before trying anything else.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.