Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
KieranM
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

My Blackberry will not update and is not working.

I've been trying to update to the os 7 on my curve 9360 as the phone basically told me it was necessary, i fllowed the instructions but now its at the point of backing up my data and i have waited for 4 hours with the updating stuck at social feeds 0% and overall backup progress 14%, i pulled the battery out and tried again another 2 times, it still stuck at the exact same point both times no matter how long i left it. I now have no access to the phone and would like to know if anyone know's how i can sort this? or what the network i bought it from can do if i bring it to them? can they fix it and would theyb charge? thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: My Blackberry will not update and is not working.

KieranM wrote:

I've been trying to update to the os 7 on my curve 9360 as the phone basically told me it was necessary, i fllowed the instructions but now its at the point of backing up my data and i have waited for 4 hours with the updating stuck at social feeds 0% and overall backup progress 14%, i pulled the battery out and tried again another 2 times, it still stuck at the exact same point both times no matter how long i left it. I now have no access to the phone and would like to know if anyone know's how i can sort this? or what the network i bought it from can do if i bring it to them? can they fix it and would theyb charge? thanks.

Hi KieranM,

Are you trying to install OS 7.1 on your 9360?

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
New Developer
PlayBookDave
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Fido

I'd do a complete backup first.

Then try and re move apps in safe mode
Then try an do the update.

Try an boot into safe mode

Turn on safe mode

Before you begin: When you start your BlackBerry®smartphone, you can turn on safe mode to prevent third-party applications from running automatically. This safe mode enables you to troubleshoot or remove any unwanted applications.
  1. Remove and reinsert the battery.
  2. When the red LED light goes out, press and hold the Escape key as the smartphone is loading.
  3. When the dialog appears, click OK.
When safe mode is on, a safe mode indicator appears at the top of the home screen.
After you finish: To turn off safe mode, repeat step 1

Please use plain text.
JoeBayley
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: three

Hi
I have tried to do this because the same problem has occurred but when i go into safe mode my blackberry freezes on the home screen what should i do? thanks
Please use plain text.
Abu91
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Hey, I was wondering if you were able to fix this issue as I have the same exact problem with my bold 9900.

Thank you in advance.

Please use plain text.
Ahmed_Blal
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: mobinil

[ Edited ]

when I try to update my software to 06 system the program said there is a proplem in updating 

bold 9700

Please use plain text.