Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
KennyS
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
Accepted Solution

My Curve 8520 is stone dead.

The backlight comes on, the red LED lights then goes out and a little timer (?) face appears in the middle of the screen. Then nothing further happens at all.

I have zero access to the device so can't give any further information.

Is there anything that can be done?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: My Curve 8520 is stone dead.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
KennyS

Thank you for your welcome and for the response. I have read a lot in this thread and saw th "kick start" response here ome days ago. Tried it but the result was the same as I described - i.e. the phone is dead. Have tested the battery in my wife's device and it is in perfect condition. Have used my wife's battery in this device as well.

Thanks again.

Ken.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Oh...sorry about that...since you didn't say what you'd already tried, I had no way to know that. Apologies for providing redundant advice.

Given your result, there is something major wrong with your BB. From your description and test results, I can only deduce that it's a hardware problem, for which no amount of internet-distance nor software/OS "fixes" can be of use.

Hence, I recommend you seek out support from a local (to you) shop with a qualified BB hardware technician to provide you with a proper diagnosis and estimate. If you remain under warranty, then you could seek evaluation under those terms.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
KennyS

Thanks, I will do that. Your effort is appreciated.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are welcome...good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates