Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8520

My Curve 8520 won't load up, it is stuck on a loading screen when I turn it on.

A couple of days ago, I found my blackberry with a screen saying something like app failure (I hadn't asked for an update or even been using my phone). It wouldn't respond to any buttons except the off switch, so I turned it off, when I turned it back on again, all I got was the load screen (a little square clock with the clock hand going round, on a white background), it's been doing this for about a day and half now (and counting). It's completely unresponsive to any buttons I press and removing the battery and putting it back in, just starts the phone doing the same process again. Does anyone know what I can do??? Thanks.

Regular Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: T Mobile

Re: My Curve 8520 won't load up, it is stuck on a loading screen when I turn it on.

Sounds like the 'white screen of death'.

Try rebooting your phone. Take the battery out for a few minutes then re-insert battery and see what happens. It may take some time to reboot. There have been numerous "fixs" for this problem, but until RIM come up with a definitive answer to stop it happening, then really theres nothing we can do except try some things. The battery pull has been offered on a few forums and some say it worked for them. Worth trying again.

You could always try THIS 

but that seems a bit extreme, but may work if the reboot doest. Do you remove the battery whilst its still on? thats how you normally do a reboot. take batt out whilst powers on. Sorry if this doesnt help, but i know theres people all over the net that get this issue.