Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

darioc
My Device: Curve 8520

My Curve 8520 wont retreive picture messages, help?

I have had my curve 8520 for about three weeks and whenever i get a picture message i try to retrieve it and i dont get it. it says receiving message for a while but then it just goes away, other times it will wont receive the message for a long time then after a few hours i get it.

why does it do this? why cant i get the picture message right away?

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: My Curve 8520 wont retreive picture messages, help?

What carrier are you on and what is your OS version?  Look in Options >About on the 3rd line down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
darioc

im with fido and where in options? sorry im new to blackberries and i dont know where to look for the OS version

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Look at Options > About, third line down beginning with a "v.4.xxx"
What is yours?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
darioc

v4.6.1.320

is that right?

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Yes.

You should probably upgrade your OS to the latest.  I can't guarantee it will fix this problem but it may.

The thread below has a download link for the OS, just download it, then install it to your PC.  Follow the instructions EXACTLY as outlined in the first post and you should have a successful upgrade.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8500-series-discussion-gemini/227461-latest-os-8520-5-0-0-11...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Visitor
BelizeanBarbie
My Device: Curve 8530

I had this problem with my BB Curve 8530 the second day I got it. I couldnt receive picture mail & I couldnt send it. I called Metro PCS & they transfered me over to a BlackBerry Tech that helped me out alot! He said that my phone was never even contected to the BlackBerry network. But he gave me some codes to put in my phone, then told me to cut my phone off and that fixed all my problems

**Pretty(Girl]Badd;-)**